TO DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE TECHNOLOGICAL OVERVIEW,
Primary Data Collection Program
Precision Opinion has experience with a wide variety of CATI programs and currently utilizes the Voxco Command Center with Pronto Predictive Dialers. The system provides fluid interaction for telephone, internet, IVR and multi-mode inbound/outbound data collection assignments.
Our new state-of-the-art 450 CATI phone center allows us to handle more jobs, more efficiently — so we can continue to provide the best in quantitative market research services and public opinion polling. Our commitment to client satisfaction is surpassed only by our uncompromising dedication to collecting unimpeachable data. That’s what we do. Precisely.
Equipped with multiple DS3 circuits and over 25 PRIs to handle high call volumes, rest assured your project is in good hands. Our modern call center’s high-tech capabilities allow real-time delivery of frequency and percentages, production reports and data delivery. We truly have a state‑of‑the-art facility with some of the most accurate predictive dialers and sophisticated algorithms in the United States.
• 450 Seat CATI (Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing) Workstations with Ability for Easy Expansion
• Voxco Command Center / Pronto Predictive Dialers
• Nutanix, VMWare, HP Servers, Dell Workstations and Noise Cancelling Headsets
• SQL Cluster
• Centralized UPS
• Training Classroom
• 24hr Video Surveillance
• Redundant Core Cisco Switch Gear
• Gigabit Networking to each Interviewer Workstation
• Redundant Telephony
• Providers include Telepacific / Cox / XO / CenturyLink / WindstreamDirect Fiber Connection to Providers
Data Processing / Tabulations
Precision Opinion utilizes the Survey System tabulation program in response to clients’ requesting both a faster turnaround and lower costs. The powerful package has not only helped clients who use the Precision Opinion CATI and Web data collection methodologies but also those who have been outsourcing their tabs or producing them internally. Each and every one have found the Survey System not only to be cost effective but, an analytical preferred method.
Tabulations are produced in RTF, Word, Excel or HTML formats with the added feature of applying customers proprietary style sheets and logos.
Precision Opinion is monitored and recorded with 24hr video surveillance. Precision Opinion systems are protected by physical security and high availability corporate firewalls. The intrusion detection system monitors network and system activities for malicious activities or policy violations. Should an event occur, the system will automatically attempt to stop detected possible incidents while reporting to security administrators. To ensure uptime and service level agreements mission critical systems are constantly monitored 24/7 with real-time alerts and notification.
Precision Opinion understands confidentiality of data in today’s environment. Files that contain sensitive data need to be protected. Whether stored on a PC or sent via e-mail — to that end, Precision Opinion meets Federal government compliance and can deliver a secure manner of exchanging sensitive data with clients and partners including HIPAA, HITECH, FISMA, OMB, and FIPS-140 using cryptographic modules. Precision Opinion uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption (HTTPS) and survey security options such as password protection and HTTP referrer checking. Precision Opinion also offers secure client portals also such as SharePoint including automated notifications of new data.
Audits and Alerts
Precision Opinion runs an internal security audit annually. In addition, we have been audited by numerous security-conscious clients. These audits have variously checked everything from our server vulnerability to common HTTP exploits, to ensuring that our staff e-mail connections are encrypted. We have satisfied our clients’ need for high security each time.
Segregation of Data
Precision Opinion utilizes a sophisticated database for storage of response data at rest. Each client has its own database; thus enhancing the security and privacy of surveys and respondent data. Only the customer and users defined can access the surveys and related data. Access is always according to permissions granted in the application.
All Precision Opinion systems must meet specifications to be redundant and easily scalable. All mission critical systems are equipped with RAID 5 disk arrays allowing hard drives, power supplies, and fans to be replaced on the fly without any downtime. In addition, servers are equipped with spare memory and dual network connections as fail safes. Spare parts are always kept onsite. The heart of the company runs on a gigabit network powered by Cisco equipment.
This core networking switch gear has redundant supervisor engines, power supplies, and fans. Yes, even our interviewing workstations have gigabit at the desktop!
Precision Opinion network switches and routers are connected via redundant links and power allowing top performance and bandwidth availability. All of this equipment is protected by our PowerWare centralized uninterruptible power supply system. This UPS provides continuous power in the event of an outage. The server room is on a separate panel that the UPS feeds for over 2 hours of uptime during an outage protecting all data so that it is written gracefully to all server hard drives. Both of our locations are connected to telecom providers via direct fiber to the street allowing faster transmission than traditional copper lines. Doing so permits us to participate in our provider’s fiber SONICNet ring that allows us even more accessibility for dedicated calling in the event of an outage. Precision Opinion maintains diversity and calling uptime by utilizing several major telecom providers minimizing any loss of one service.
Precision Opinion uses Nutanix, the latest cutting edge web computing platform and VMWare. This is the same hardware the DoD, NSA, healthcare and other state/federal government organizations rely on due to its high availability, performance and scalability. The Nutanix is connected via 10GB backbone links to redundant switches. The VM switch gear is connected via 40GB (yes 40 GB) links between the VM environment.
Breakdown of Nutanix Components
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional
Hardware: Agent/Supervisor stations Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16Ghz + recommended 4GB RAM
Display: 17″ Flat Panel LCD
Disk Capacity: 250GB Hard Drive
Headset: Dual Earpiece Noise-Cancelling Headset
Amplifier: Plantronics M12 Vista
WEB SERVERS |
Operating System: Windows 2012 Server R2 Datacenter 64-bit
Disk Capacity: Nutanix
SQL SERVERS |
Operating System: Windows 2012 Server R2 Datacenter 64-bit
Disk capacity: Nutanix
Networking : Nutanix
PRONTO 6 PREDICTIVE DIALERS |
Operating System: Windows 2003 Server
Hardware: Server-class machine with P4 Processor & 2 GB RAM.
Disk capacity: RAID Array (for redundancy) / RAID 0+1 / Server Certified
Networking: Gigabit TCP/IP enabled
• 225 PRIs (Line Side) 9 PRIs (Agent Side)
• Outbound (Over 575 calls per second) / Inbound
• Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
• Digital Recording and Playback
• Internal and Remote Monitoring
MINIMUM SERVER STANDARD | All servers meet or exceed the minimum specifications below.
Operating System: Windows 2012 Server R2 Datacenter 64-bit
Disk capacity: Nutanix
Voxco Command Center
Voxco’s Command Center platform is one of the few true multichannel survey tools available on the market. It simplifies management and boosts performance of multichannel campaigns by collecting data from all collection modes and processing and distributing this data in highly customizable formats in a totally secure environment.
It collects data from every survey mode: Telephone (CATI), Web (CAWI), Face-to-Face (CAPI), Mobile and Interactive Voice Response (IVR). Command Center creates consistent and rapidly adaptable surveys through a centralized authoring utility, and then integrates data into a centralized database for analysis and reporting.
• Command Center seamlessly integrates every survey mode
• CATI (Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing)
• CAPI (Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing)
• CAWI (Computer Assisted Web Interviewing)
• IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
• Includes sophisticated Panel Management tool
• Survey uniformity ensured by unified questionnaire authoring
• Data from every channel downloaded into centralized SQL database for processing, analysis and reporting
• One of few true multi-channel survey tools available — makes multi-channel campaigns easier to deploy, manage and control
• Avoids hassle, waste of time and potential data deterioration due to difficulties of trying to manage incompatible platforms
• Surveys can be switched instantaneously from one channel to another (CATI to CAPI for example) with data from one channel automatically integrated into survey in another channel
• Gives you the power to process and publish your survey results in highly customizable formats in a secure environment
Voxco Pronto Predictive Dialer
The telephony package is a thoroughly field-proven solution meeting the demanding needs of survey data collection. It is a powerful addition to CATI operations, dramatically increasing interviewer efficiency and productivity. Companies will see a fast ROI based on 3 dialing modes available: Preview, Power, and Predictive. Voxco’s predictive dialer is one of the few truly proprietary solutions on the market, and is considered the industry standard for research work. Its dropped call rate control, powerful algorithms, and automatic call dispositioning parameters are many proofs of this.
The tool also provides an extensive range of functions which include digital recording, playback of sound files, and internal/external audio monitoring to improve and measure quality of phone interviewing.
Inbound campaigns can also be managed efficiently on the system with functions for automatic call blending, ACD, and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) for routing inbound calls. Automated IVR surveys and automatic messaging are also supported on the system.
Pronto is more than just a predictive dialer: it’s a complete telephony system integrated within Voxco Command Center.
• Intelligent predictive algorithms
• Preview, Power, and Predictive dialing modes
• Full control over the drop rate
• Internal and remote monitoring for quality control
• Digital recording of full or partial conversations, and playback of sound files within surveys
• Real-time statistics on projects and interviewers’ status
• Operates as a stand-alone telephony solution or can also interface with most commercial PBXs
• Accurate call result detection
• ACD for call routing to the most appropriate group
• Interactive Voice Response used for surveying, inbound campaigns, and automatic messaging
• Do Not Call lists tailored to market research compliance regulations
• Proprietary dialer — one of the select few in the industry
• Designed specifically to integrate with Voxco’s Telephony (CATI) solution
• Control over the number of rings
• Delivers up to 50 minutes of talk time per hour (with good quality sample)
• Optimal utilization of outbound lines
• Productivity gains obtained even for small scale projects
• Answered calls connected in less than a second
• For dropped calls, several options are available to conform to local laws (wait before hang-up, pre-recorded message, etc.)
• Supports personal call-backs
• Every call made is faithfully recorded
• Accurate detection of busy signals, faxes, answering machines, and out of service
Powerful Call-Back Rules
Optimize your call strategies and response rates while maximizing the odds of reaching your respondents
• Complete control over call-back priorities
• Individual call-backs
• Call-backs assignable to groups of interviewers / agents
• Time slot management
• Time zone management
• Option to cycle through several telephone numbers for the same case (home, office, mobile)
Interactive Voice Response
• Powerful visual scripting
• Capture of both the number called and the caller’s number
• Automatic read-out of numbers, dates, times, etc. in several
• Integrated IVR surveys
• Call transfer
• Routing of queues to specific interviewers / agents
Integration With The CATI System
• Pronto was designed to dovetail with Interviewer, Voxco’s CATI system. You do not sacrifice any of the CATI system’s sample management functions.
• Strict quota management
• Quota smoothing
• Advanced scripting functions (multimedia, call transfer, etc.)
• Sample pre-assigned to groups of interviewers / agents, according to language for example
Scalability and Flexibility
• Multi-Pronto project deployment
• Access to many IP services
• VoIP provides flexibility for capacity increase
• Inbound/outbound remote interviewer / agent login
• Increased productivity and fast ROI – minimal downtime for interviewers
• Minimizes dropped calls – 1% drop rate is the best in the industry
• Close integration with Voxco CATI solution
• Greater quality control
• Increased satisfaction of the interviewing workforce
Voxco Architecture Overview
Precision Opinion Enhanced Security Network
Precision Opinion can also utilize an enhanced security network to satisfy the complex and data sensitive requirements of HIPAA, HITECH, and FISMA.
Backup & Disaster Recovery
Why does Precision Opinion collect data in Las Vegas? Nevada provides the ideal setting for disaster avoidance as the area is considered a “safe-zone” from natural disasters. Not many states have the capacity to enjoy the benefits of alternative energy like Nevada. Major natural gas lines run right through Las Vegas, Carson City and Reno to supply the major population centers.
Since 2006, NV Energy has added about 1,800 megawatts of company-owned generation to its fleet. These newer, more efficient plants use less fuel, water and produce fewer emissions. The addition of these plants also has allowed older, less-efficient plants to be closed. Nevada also has a highly sophisticated power grid, is a rapidly growing market and is a gateway for data flow from the west coast to the east coast.
Precision Opinion backs up on data and performs system maintenance on a constant basis. SQL Server data is backed up real-time while most network files can be restored from shadow copies. Backups are run nightly from server disk to network disk, then to tape allowing us to backup large amounts of data in a short window of time. Servers are “snapshot” and imaged while network equipment configs are stored for quick recovery. The snapshot preserves the state and data of a virtual machine at a specific point in time.
Utilizing our robotic library, full backups are run on Fridays with differential backups through the following Friday. After backups are generated they are tested and verified for integrity. Precision Opinion also utilizes a retention policy for backups. Copies of monthly, quarterly, and annual backups are made and vaulted offsite.
Precision Opinion also utilizes vSphere Data Protection. VDP is a backup and recovery solution designed for vSphere environments. Powered by EMC Avamar, it provides agent-less, image-level virtual machine backups to disk. It also provides application-aware protection for business-critical Microsoft applications along with WAN-efficient, encrypted backup data replication.
The Precision Opinion tape backup system is designed for disaster-recovery. In case of a server failure, or an “omygosh” moment (“I can’t believe I deleted the whoooole thing”), files can be restored to where they were just before the disaster. It is not designed to serve as an archive for older and inactive files.
The Nutanix Disaster Recovery feature solutions also include synchronous data replication across sites enabling zero downtime during site failures and planned upgrades. This supports mixed clusters on primary and DR sites along with a 75% reduction in space and bandwidth usage with deduplication and compression.
Precision Opinion is also designated and currently is a hot site back-up facility under a government sub-contract. 100% independently. Routine tests are performed to simulate these events and enforce that Precision Opinion continues to meet and comply with government standards. In addition, Precision Opinion has reciprocal agreements with multiple vendors to provide equipment, services, resources, and workspace in the event of an emergency.
Precision Opinion is monitored and recorded with 24hr video surveillance. Precision Opinion systems are protected by physical security and high availablity corporate firewalls. The intrusion detection system monitors network and system activities for malicious activities or policy violations. Should an event occur, the system will automatically attempt to stop detected possible incidents while reporting to security administrators. To ensure uptime and service level agreements mission critical systems are constantly monitored 24/7 with real-time alerts and notification.
Precision Opinion understands confidentiality of data in today’s enviornment. Files that contain sensitive data need to be protected. Whether stored on a PC or sent via email — to that end, Precision Opinion meets Federal government compliance and can deliver a secure manner of exchanging sensitive data with clients and partners including FISMA, OMB, and FIPS-140 using cryptographic modules.
The following Legislation was announced on June 23, 2009. Precision Opinion was at the time of announcement and remains in compliance.
NV – Governor Gibbons (R) has signed S.B. 227 into law. The new law prohibits any businesses in Nevada from (1) transmitting personal information outside of the secure system of the business or (2) moving any data storage device beyond the logical or physical boundaries of the business, unless secured by encryption. A data storage device is defined as “any device that stores information or data from any electronic or optical medium, including, but not limited to, computers, cellular telephones, magnetic tape, electronic computer drives and optical computer drives and the medium itself. Encryption is defined as “the protection of data in electronic or optical form, in storage or in transit, using: (1) An encryption technology that has been adopted by an established standards setting body, including, but not limited to, the Federal Information Processing Standards issued by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, which renders such data indecipherable in the absence of associated cryptographic keys necessary to enable decryption of such data; and (2) Appropriate management and safeguards of cryptographic keys to protect the integrity of the encryption using guidelines promulgated by an established standards setting body, including, but not limited to, the National Institute of Standards and Technology.” The law also requires any business in Nevada that accepts payment by a credit card for goods or services to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. The new law applies to all businesses in Nevada, including survey and opinion research companies located in Nevada. The new provisions go into effect January 1, 2010.